Each day, we work with thousands of candidates to place them in their desired job roles and help them build successful careers.
Our job search platform connects you to the latest available positions across Asia.
04 Aug 2022
Regional Compliance Manager
SingaporePermanent PositionAn experienced Regional Compliance Manager is needed by one of Taiwan's largest privately owned banks to work in Singapore.
Expires on 05 Sep 2022
- To offer guidance on all matters of compliance, such as the Banking Act, Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, Common Reporting Standards, Personal Data Protection Act, and the dissemination of information regarding new or revised requirements.
- To implement, revise, and update compliance-related policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence to local and Taiwanese laws as well as the global policy of the head office; to maintain the External Rule Database in order to track applicable regulatory obligations; and to maintain other registers on regulatory compliance-related issues.
- To establish, carry out, and maintain a continuous review program for compliance, including but not limited to issuing checklists, worksheets, and Compliance Statements to the Global Head of Compliance on a biannual basis.
- To plan and carry out the semi-annual Compliance Self Evaluation, including creating a report to be submitted to the Global Head of Compliance.
- To review, develop, and put into action a risk-based compliance monitoring program (including surveillance and thematic reviews)
- To serve as our organization's regulators' point of contact, to act as the Head of Legal & Compliance's backup, and to help manage regulatory consultations and reviews, as well as MAS submissions, notifications, regulatory approvals, surveys, and information requests.
- To prepare compliance review reports for Senior Management, and to present the major conclusions and next steps to the compliance committee.
- Create presentation materials to highlight significant regulatory updates or problems for the Compliance Committee
- To organize and carry out pertinent training to educate staff about Singapore and Taiwan regulatory requirements.
- To handle matters pertaining to corporate secretarial compliance with the Companies Act, the filing of the company's attorney, and other filing requirements imposed by the MAS or pertinent regulators.
- To keep up with requests for empanelment from time to time and manage the company's list of panel law firms.
- To manage and maintain the company's authorized signatory list, as well as its list of MASNET users and administrators.
- To take part in compliance-related projects and/or carry out any additional tasks as deemed necessary from time to time by the Head of LCD
Posted ByGlenn Wong (Reg No: R1106685)
Tel: +65 6738 email@example.com
- Familiarity with MAS Banking Laws and Regulations (e.g. Banking Act, Securities and Futures Act, and Financial Advisers Act)
- Familiarity with the business products and procedures of corporate and/or private banking, as well as with capital markets and the associated obligations for sales and suitability.
- Capable of working independently, meticulous, analytical, and resourceful with excellent verbal and report-writing abilities.
- Self-motivated, a team player, and possessing excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- The capacity to multitask, carry out tasks with a sense of urgency, and deliver work on schedule
- Strong execution, process management, and analytical skills
Office Location: Singapore, Central
Interested candidates kindly forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (Glenn Wong, Reg No:R1106685) or email@example.com (Marilyn Koh Hui Ling, Reg No:R21102316). You may email this great opportunity to someone who would be a great fit for this role.
All information will be kept strictly confidential. We regret to inform that only successful applicants will be contacted.
PeopleSearch Pte Ltd
EA License No: 16S8057