Every day, our consultants work with thousands of candidates to help them find the right fit for their next role. Last year, we placed over 0 candidates into permanent roles.
Our job search platform will connect you to the latest available positions across Asia.
11 Sep 2019
Director, IT Application Development & Support
MalaysiaPermanent PositionOur esteemed client is an American healthcare company that has grown into a global company with a presence in approximately 100 countries and more than 11,000 employees around the world.
Expires on 11 Oct 2019
- Manage subordinate team members and direct IT activities with overall responsibility of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods through several department managers
- Plan and direct multiple strategic project portfolios activities including prioritizing and selecting appropriate projects. Lead in identifying risk, developing complex mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, critical path, resolving issues, etc. in collaboration with project managers
- Develop ROI based business cases by partnering with business stakeholders, developing and implementing strategies for large cross-functional, multi-threaded programs which have several projects within the program. Develop and continuously provide annual updates to strategic plans and multi-year roadmaps in support of AOP. Advocate solution analysis, business requirements, cost benefit analysis, risk assessment and business impact analysis
- Manage defined set of business applications or technologies to ensure performance according to business needs and IT standards, upgrades, performance, functionality enhancements, security, validation and general maintenance.
- Set IT strategy around efforts to re-engineer and optimize business processes and systems by assessing business needs and developing, proposing and implementing technology solution options
- Assess new technologies and methods to enhance team's ability to execute and meet customer needs
- Negotiate with and manage the performance of hosted and SaaS vendors while ensuring all activity is delivered in compliance with normal policies, procedures, technology standards, security requirements, etc.
- Other incidental duties assigned by Leadership
Posted ByCheryl Leong
Tel: +603 2263 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or Business Administration is required; a master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum 17 years IT experience and minimum 8 years of IT leadership and strong people management experience in areas of responsibility and in similar roles (broad based, senior level) within a comparably sized or larger multi-national company
- Must have at least a 10 to 12-year proven track record performing in enterprise applications such as ERP and Salesforce.com, including 7+ years of extensive high-volume reporting & analytics solution building
- Experience acting as the subject matter expert for the administration of Oracle JD Edwards and direct management of a team of JDE developers
- Track record leading and delivering successful rollouts of enterprise applications initiatives that are compliant and secure working in collaboration with Information Security teams
- Expertise in, but not limited to: BI (Cognos, SQL, Microsoft OLAP, Hyperion), Microsoft Power BI, QlikView, QlikSense, Informatica, Oracle Business Analytics, Tableau, Digital analytics and reporting
- Familiarity working with data security and privacy standards is a huge plus (e.g. HIPAA, GDPR)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly-matrix environment working effectively with business functional teams, remote development teams as well as cloud hosted or SaaS vendors and partners
- Strategic thinker, keeping big picture in mind while ensuring execution excellence
- Possess a strong business and customer/client focus
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), collaboration and executive presentation skills
- Ability to interact and influence variety of business users and senior management
- Experience in vendor relations and negotiations for software development and application services
- Experience with deep understanding of IT applications and technology
- Balance of strong end-to-end business process knowledge and experience. Implement a mix of package software with some custom development to meet business needs
- A Strong Program/Project management skill is a Must. Demonstrated success in leading Plan and direct multiple strategic project portfolios activities including prioritizing and selecting appropriate projects. Lead in identifying risk, developing complex mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, critical path, resolving issues, etc. in collaboration with project managers
- Skilled at aligning organization and business goals, with success driving organizational change management
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Ability to interact with diplomacy and tact while maintaining appropriate attention to end goal
- Must be passionate about current technological trends and ability to apply to the future vision
- Demonstrates strong customer, quality, cost and delivery focus
- Experience working with 21 CFR Part 11 and GxP software validated systems is a plus
- Very strong negotiation and influence capability is required
- Up to 20% international travel per year.