Each day, we work with thousands of candidates to place them in their desired job roles and help them build successful careers.
Our job search platform connects you to the latest available positions across Asia.
01 Dec 2020
Head of Legal & Compliance
Hong KongPermanent PositionOur client, a leading Chinese investment bank is currently looking for a qualified lawyer to lead its legal & compliance department. Incumbent can look forward to a stable work environment with excellent exposure in this senior appointment with the bank.
Expires on 31 Dec 2020
- Provides leadership to the legal & compliance department as well as to assume the role as the Company Secretary of the bank.
- Develop proper controls, policies and procedures to ensure the Company complies with internal and external legal and regulatory requirements
- Implement, review and update compliance programs, internal control policies, procedures and guidelines including KYC, AML and Chinese-wall
- Provide on-going advisory services to board of directors, management and business units on issues regarding compliance with companies’ ordinance, SFC regulations and banking ordinance, etc.
- Monitor and conduct regular compliance and risk reviews on business activities
- Investigate escalated compliance issues, draft and review legal agreements and product documents.
- Develop and deliver appropriate training to staff and promote compliance awareness within the Company
- Provide company secretarial services including organizing & facilitating meetings of directors and general meetings, preparing board minutes and reports
- Liaise with external vendors and regulatory bodies for enquiries, reporting, inspection or investigation
Posted ByJared Ng
Tel: (852) email@example.com
- Degree holder in law or other related discipline
- Qualified lawyer with 12 years or more relevant experience in legal or compliance function in financial service industry or regulatory body
- Well versed with the SFC regulations, banking ordinance, company ordinance and other regulatory requirements
- Strong communication ability to interact well with management and business unit managers
- Self-motivated, highly independent with professional integrity
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese)
Interested Applicants please send your resume (in Word format) together with present and expected salary to Jared Ng:
Tel: (852) 2521-5118 ext. 818
** For more job opportunities, please visit our website: www.pplesearch.com **