Every day, our consultants work with thousands of candidates to help them find the right fit for their next role. Last year, we placed over 0 candidates into permanent roles.
Our job search platform will connect you to the latest available positions across Asia.
11 Dec 2018
Strategic Commodity Manager
SingaporePermanent PositionOur client, a trusted and collaborative partner to the world’s leading semiconductor companies, is seeking an experienced Strategic Commodity Manager to be part of their region Supply Chain team, based in Singapore.
Expires on 10 Jan 2019
- Development and deployment of new suppliers for critical technology in a fast-pace, high mix, low volume environment.
- Experience in capacity planning and negotiating with suppliers on capacity planning, costs, etc
- Develop and maintain supplier core competencies to support local/global business requirements
- Manage supplier capacity plans and articulate constraints for long term planning
- Strategic planning for the supply chain organization including people development as well as continuity planning and risk mitigation.
- Project management of multiple levels of projects, both technical and commercial
- Development of outsourcing capabilities for capacity flexibility, and extensive lead time reduction.
- Development of plans and metrics for annual cost savings.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the company quality management system and properly apply quality procedures and operating procedures as appropriate.
- Manage working capital through lead time strategies including postponement, consignment, and inventory stocking strategies
- Negotiate contracts (purchase agreements, ISA’s, etc) and identify/ execute on pricing inflection points
- Manage company’s liabilities at suppliers through claims and balance sheet review processes
Posted ByDave Ng Gim Hock (Huang Jinfu) (Reg No: R1109204)
Tel: +65 6738 email@example.com
- Relevant Degree (MBA preferred) with more than 10 year of experience in a supply chain role with progressive responsibility.
- Proven ability to gain partnerships and excel on a cross-functional team with product, manufacturing, quality and reliability engineers as well as procurement, finance, and product support. Experience in procurement and supplier management desirable.
- Manufacturing experience with strong mechanical aptitude in an operation producing tight tolerance, precision, copy-exact parts.
- Experienced communicator with the ability to communicate critical thinking ideas and concepts.
- Experienced relationship builder capable of innovating and negotiating the full vendor capabilities/value.
- Understanding of technical documents (i.e. blue prints/drawings).
- Ability to write effective reports on development of progress of projects.
Kindly indicate your current/last salary details and your notice period
Interested candidates kindly forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (Dave Ng Gim Hock (Huang Jinfu), Reg No: R1109204). Feel free to forward this great opportunity to someone who would be a great fit for this role.
All information will be kept strictly confidential. We regret to inform that only successful applicants will be contacted.
PeopleSearch Pte Ltd
EA License No: 16S8057