Each day, we work with thousands of candidates to place them in their desired job roles and help them build successful careers.
Our job search platform connects you to the latest available positions across Asia.
29 Sep 2020
APAC Senior Legal & Compliance Counsel
SingaporePermanent PositionA leading global engineering group focused on the precise control and movement of fluids is seeking an APAC Senior Legal and Compliance Counsel to join the team. You will have the responsibility of providing support on legal and compliance matters across APAC region and work closely with the APAC Leadership Team to ensure that APAC region manages contractual, legal, compliance and business risks appropriately and in accordance with applicable law and company policy.
Expires on 29 Oct 2020
- Providing advice to the business on legal and compliance issues Asia Pacific business
- Building strong relationships and collaborating with the APAC business units, the APAC leadership team and the divisional legal and compliance team.
- Providing legal guidance and support on commercial contracts and contracting matters, in particular completing bid and tender documentation and full contract reviews in line with guidelines.
- Providing legal guidance and support in relation to the compliance programme covering anti-bribery and corruption, export compliance and competition law.
- Promoting good practice in terms of contract management processes and intellectual property protection.
- Ensuring good corporate governance and advise on the establishment of any new company or other business undertaking.
- Identifying opportunities for and conducting training on all areas of legal and compliance policy and ensuring that full and adequate training records are kept.
- Assisting with the implementation, monitoring and auditing of legal and compliance policies and SOPs.
- Identifying legal risks or concerns and ensure that significant issues are recognised and addressed.
- Supporting on disputes and assisting the General Counsel with imminent or pending litigation, arbitration and regulatory matters.
- Overseeing the instruction and management of external counsel
- Liaising and collaborating effectively with other departments, including but not limited to, HR, sales and finance.
- Engaging with other lawyers across the company’s legal and compliance community, ensuring that such persons are well briefed, as appropriate, and that there is a good level of sharing of ideas and team working across the legal and compliance function.
- Reporting on legal and compliance affairs monthly and more frequently as appropriate on specific matters.
Posted ByGlenn Wong Sai How (Reg No: R1106685)
Tel: +65 6738 email@example.com
- Bachelor of Laws or above;
- Admission to the bar/ law society in Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand or UK;
- Good sense of responsibility;
- Good general business acumen. Ability to present proposals with a commercial focus and to provide practical commercial solutions to problems;
- 8 to 10 years in-house in MNCs or law firms
- Oil & Gas and/or Petrochemical and/or Power industry is a plus;
- Working experience in APAC or global business environment is a plus;
- Fluent in Korean or Japanese is a plus as this role will be communicating with Korean and/or Japanese counterparts.
If the above speaks to you, we’d love to hear from you. Please send in your updated CV if you feel there is a strict fit with your experience and interest.
Interested candidates kindly forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (Glenn Wong Sai How, Reg. R1106685). You may email this great opportunity to someone who would be a great fit for this role.
All information will be kept strictly confidential. We regret to inform that only successful applicants will be contacted.
PeopleSearch Pte Ltd
EA License No: 16S8057